Iran will now get "red notices" on 1994 bombings in Argentina
Iran’s top diplomat says the U.S. and Israel are pressuring Interpol to put five Iranians and one Lebanese on its most wanted list next week for the 1994 bombing of a Jewish community center that killed 85 people.It's been 13 years since then, and the time has come already to confront Iran about this. I do not expect them to hand over the culprits in the case any more than you do, but it does make a very solid case for imposing sanctions upon Iran and isolating them.
But the lead prosecutor in Argentina’s worst terror attack says the case is not political. Prosecutors say they have enough evidence for Interpol’s 186-member general assembly to approve “red notices” for the six suspects during a meeting that opens Monday in Marrakech, Morocco.
There have been no convictions 13 years after an explosives-laden van leveled the seven-story Jewish community center in Buenos Aires.
Argentine prosecutors allege Iranian officials orchestrated the bombing and entrusted the Lebanon-based militant group Hezbollah to carry it out.