« Home | Shas runs a racist ad against Russians » | Tzipi Livni only aggravates the rest of the left » | Here's the right argument to make about Anat Hoffm... » | Maybe it's for the best if the movie industry went... » | A juror in the Weberman case makes something clear » | Mohammed Morsi builds up Islam in his ruling cabinet » | East London Lines fawns over Neturei Karta » | 15-year-old Saudi girl flees from 90-year-old husband » | The opposite of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef: his son Yaakov » | Don't they care about the danger their country faces? » 

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 

Woman harrassed by Haredis on bus to Arad

This may not have occurred in a while, but here's another disgusting case of Haredi harassment of women on an Egged bus:
A 22-year-old woman was subjected to verbal abuse and humiliation by haredim while traveling on a bus from Jerusalem to Arad on Saturday evening, Yedioth Ahronoth reported.

Miri Bleicher, a counselor for Jewish youths visiting Israel, boarded the 555 Egged bus to Arad on Saturday evening after spending the weekend visiting friends in Jerusalem. The unpleasant experience had started even before she boarded the bus.

"The bus arrived but the driver didn't open the front door, it then pulled away and stopped. I chased after it, it pulled away again and then stopped, until the driver eventually opened the door," she recalls.

"When I got on the bus, I found myself in another world. On the front, four haredim were standing and inspecting me in a hostile manner. The driver promised them that after I paid I would enter through the backdoor," Miri says.

At this point, she realized that the men were expecting her to sit in the back where all of the women were sitting. She refused to enter through the backdoor and bravely walked past the men who mumbled hateful slurs at her, including "shiksa."

To avoid a confrontation she decided to sit in the back. "It was crowded because of all of the baby strollers; there was noise and babies were crying, so at one point I decided to stand up. The back was full of strollers so I stood in the middle of the bus, between the men and the women."

Miri says the men sitting nearby made vomiting sounds and called her a "nuisance." She further claims that one of them approached her and shouted, "You're not respecting my rights."

Paralyzed by fear, she didn't answer back. A short while later she came under attack by the women passengers. "They told me I wasn't Jewish and that I was trying to spite them," she says.

The verbal abuse continued throughout the ride. "I was insulted the entire way and was in tears," she says. "No one helped me."

The nightmare lasted an hour and a half, until the bus reached Arad. Before disembarking, Miri was again subjected to slurs and was spat on by one of the passengers. "I was shocked. I couldn't believe this could happen in my country."
It can when a bunch of insular Chelmites is allowed to run wild for many years. If what the lady says is correct, the driver caved in a manner of speaking to these 4 scumbags mentioned at the front of the bus.

This brings us to the vital question: why isn't there a security camera on board the bus that can be used to monitor for such behavior, and even an alarm control to alert police? The bus company has been trying to downplay the cowardice in motion here. However, I think it's about time that better security monitoring be enforced, and that they start cutting down on transportation for Haredis. They're all but making bus trips unsafe and definitely unpleasant for women, and the time has come to confront this problem seriously.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.