Another attack on a Haredi soldier by Haredi thugs
In the second assault of its kind in three weeks, police say several ultra-orthodox youths attacked a haredi conscript Sunday night who was driving through a religious neighborhood in the capital.
According to Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld, the attack took place in the Bukharan Quarter, when the unidentified victim’s car was converged upon by several religious youths who obstructed the vehicle, dragged him outside and proceeded to beat him.
“A number of haredi youth blocked the soldier’s car from the front, threatened him and then dragged him out of the vehicle and attacked him,” Rosenfeld said Monday. “They then tore off his yalmulke and fled the scene when police arrived.”
Rosenfeld said the soldier sustained minor injuries during the assault and was subsequently treated at a nearby hospital, where he has since been released.
Sunday’s assault follows a similar attack a few weeks ago in the Mea She’arim neighborhood, when dozens of haredim attacked two uniformed ultra-orthodox IDF soldiers walking in the neighborhood, resulting in the hospitalization of both victims.
So far, they haven't made any arrests in either of these cases. We have to hope they will soon, and that they'll increase security in those neighborhoods. This is getting serious.
Labels: haredi corruption, Israel, Jerusalem, military, Moonbattery