« Home | Tex Cruz tells why Iran deal is bad » | Chances grow for Beit Shemesh election result to b... » | Lev Tahor cult goes to Ontario instead of Iran » | Angola may have banned Islam and mosques in their ... » | An ancient pottery structure found from Neolithic ... » | Giving Iran free time would only strengthen Hezbol... » | National Post downplays the wrongs of Islam while ... » | Faustian pact signed with Iran » | Beit Shemesh election was hardly democratic » | British Muslim girls forced into marriage » 

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 

MK Shimon Solomon harrassed by racist Haredi

The Ethiopian-born MK Shimon Solomon from Yesh Atid was yelled at by some Haredi nutcases who hate his party's policies, and at least one of them used racist bile:
A group of ultra-Orthodox men yelled racist slurs and otherwise verbally assaulted Yesh Atid MK Shimon Solomon, claiming his party’s policies deliberately targeted ultra-Orthodox Israelis.

Solomon, who emigrated from Ethiopia to Israel some 33 years ago, claimed he would have been subjected to physical violence had he not decided to leave the scene rather than engage with the demonstrators.

“On my way home from the Knesset, a number of ultra-Orthodox civilians identified me, and immediately began cursing and provoking me,” Solomon wrote in a Facebook post.

“I tried to explain politely that they have a different, misguided opinion, and that we do not act against the ultra-Orthodox,” he said. “But they were motivated by hatred; they did not try to listen. I left because I saw no point in going on; it was like talking to a wall. If I had stayed, I have no doubt that they would have directed physical violence towards me.”
I fear there's every chance that could have happened. In which case, he should call the cops.
The Yesh Atid party member went on to state that he had been particularly disturbed by the comments made by one man, who made racist comments and called on him to “go back to Africa.”

“In all the commotion, one ultra-Orthodox man, an observant Jew, was noticeably upset, violent and very aggressive,” Solomon said.

The man, he said, called him a “slave” and a “kushi,” a racist Hebrew slur for black people.

“As a member of a religious observant community, I tried to understand — from what book, chapter or verse did they draw this hatred and violence?” Solomon continued.
I'm not sure upset is the best way to describe what a crackpot the man he speaks of is. I think "hateful and vindictive" would tell what happened better. A pure horror this is. Those Haredis who committed that reprehensible act need to see a psychiatrist.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.