« Home | Obama administration labels Islamic Jihad leader a... » | Was there once a prototype ark prior to biblical N... » | The sharia elephant in New Jersey » | Life isn't easy for Haredis who want to leave the ... » | Is tide turning in Beit Shemesh's religious wars? » | Immigration to Israel from France rises » | Two more attempted jihadists arrested en route to ... » | Special prosecutor joins case against Haredi child... » | Conservative rabbi who backed aguna wife got threa... » | French Front National focuses on Islamofascism » 

Sunday, January 26, 2014 

Islam may be fastest growing religion in Ireland

The Irish Independent wrote about converts to Islam on the isle, and they also note:
Islam is Ireland's fastest-growing religion, with the number of Muslims recorded in the 2011 Census – 48,130 – expected to reach 100,000 by 2020. In a country where only 34pc of approximately 3.8 million Catholics attend Mass, many people are drifting away from religion. But a small number are finding that Islamic beliefs and practices, which allow for a peaceful and community-oriented life, fit their spiritual needs.
Once, Ireland had a big Catholic following, but now, much like in the UK, they too may be losing touch with Christianity, and some are losing their heads over the Religion of Peace.
While more women convert than men, and most conversions are for marriage, people can have very personal reasons for converting – or reverting as it is known in the Islamic faith, in which it is believed that everyone was born Muslim.

Ireland has a thriving Muslim community. Building begins next year on what is set to be the biggest Islamic cultural centre in the country, in Clongriffin on Dublin's northside. There are mosques and dedicated primary schools in each of our cities. And unlike the situation in France, there is no policy against Muslim girls wearing the hijab (veil) to school.
Their mistake, of course. And I feel sorry for those women who converted to a religion they're either naive about, or won't be honest about because they've embraced taqqiya.

They published the taqqiya-laden testimonies of 4 converts, and I'll comment on at least one of them, one whose view of "modesty" and the hijab is flawed at worst:
The one big change is wearing the hijab. I wear it because it's a sign of my devotion to God. It shows humility with my husband and with the male members of my family. For me my beauty is my hair and my body, and that's not for everyone.

I also wear it because one part of my faith is to discuss Islam with non-Muslims. If I'm in the supermarket and someone hears my Ringsend accent, they'll ask, "Oh, how long are you here, love?" And I'll reply, "Actually, I'm Irish". It's a way of sharing your faith with people, of saying: "Don't be afraid of us – we're all human, we all come and go the one way."

I always dressed modestly. I was never comfortable with showing the figure off. We're living in a society where people feel threatened because I choose to not show my body, whereas you have girls as young as 11 or 12 looking at Rihanna. She has a video and she's barely covering her nipples and wearing ... I wouldn't even call them hot pants. And there are ladies twerking and pole-dancing. Girls are looking at that and going: "Yeah, I'm going to get a husband if I do that."

You should be valued for your soul and your personality, not because of how much flesh you show – that's private, and that's your beauty.
Well gee whiz, I knew that! But that doesn't mean a woman should conceal herself so literally under a veil and deny herself an identity and potentially risk an unhealthy situation by denying sunlight and vitamin D to her body, especially her head. She speaks of her hair and body, yet she conceals it beneath such an awful garment?!? There is a contradiction at work there. No, of course dressing skimpily isn't always a tasteful thing to do, certainly not if the people in question are underaged, but that doesn't mean they should blot out their clear facial identities either. It's very sad the woman who wrote that has no understanding of what she's doing to herself, and if only she knew of the personality many jihadists happen to maintain.

Labels: , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.