« Home | Arab MK condemns those who supported families of t... » | Olmert enters prison, whining on the way » | Muslims vandalize synagogue built in memory of 3 v... » | Terror attack on Arab Christian-owned restaurant i... » | Muslim girls with knives in Ramle wanted to become... » | Haredi rioters overturn army car while sabotaging ... » | Saudi women and men sentenced to flogging for spea... » | Europe's Islamofascist invasion virus » | Hamas executes a commander for no clear reason » | Arabic MKs met with families of terrorists » 

Monday, February 15, 2016 

It makes no difference whether it's Reform or Orthodox: burning prayer books desecrates faith

Another thin-skinned Haredi drew unneeded attention to Women of the Wall by burning a Reform prayer book:
A haredi Orthodox man burned a Reform prayer book while protesting a women’s prayer service at the Western Wall.

The man, Itamar Gadassi, set the book on fire during the monthly service Wednesday of Women of the Wall, which meets at the wall’s women’s section. Protesters regularly shout epithets at the group and have thrown things at them in the past.

According to a press release from Women of Reform Judaism condeming the incident, Gadassi was stopped by police but allowed to stay at the site.
Again, we have here a case of the police acting cowardly by not banishing the man as he should've been from a site he doesn't deserve to visit. If he doesn't like the prayers as conceived by Reform, so be it, but that's no excuse for mimicking the Nazis and Islam, by burning anything he doesn't agree with. I've said it before, and will again, but it's clear that the Haredis want to give WotW all the attention they don't need.

Did I mention that I question the Haredi respect for the Temple Mount/Western Wall to boot? I honestly don't think they really love it, and that's no joke. I think they just want to demoralize it, and have no interest in letting God judge Reformers and other non-Orthodox sects.

Update: and in case I hadn't gotten around to the deal to make a special section for non-Orthodox sects at the wall yet, here's something about it, noting that the original WotW rejects the deal made, because it regards non-Orthodox in the absurd "separate but equal" status. Honestly, it's okay with me if they feel that way, and if they're let down by Hoffman, that's okay too. I never held any illusions that she was for real on anything.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.