Finally, it looks like not only will there be justice for the Amona evictees, there's also be a new village prepared for them
(I don't think "settlement" is appropriate), the first of its kind in 2 decades:
Almost two months after the illegal outpost of Amona was demolished, the Diplomatic-Security Cabinet has unanimously approved the construction of a new community for its former residents, even as Israel announced it would scale back overall construction.
The decision marks the first time in two decades that Israel decides to build a new community in Judea and Samaria, although some outposts have over the years been retroactively approved as part of the settlement enterprise. The remaining government ministers also backed the measure in a telephone vote on Thursday.
Netanyahu told the Diplomatic-Security Cabinet that the government was also moving forward with a plan to build thousands new housing units in various communities in Judea and Samaria. He said that out of the total of 5,700 units approved for construction two months ago, the tenders for 2,000 had been finalized. Netanyahu also told the ministers that over 200 acres in Samaria had been declared state land, which would allow their future use for settlement purposes.
This is definitely a positive step they're taking now.
Labels: Israel, Knesset