« Home | Protestors for rent: the US illegal alien crisis » | "Anti-Bibi" hatred must be stopped, and apologies ... » | What was I saying? I shouldn't just quit, that wou... » | I can't blog anymore. I'm just too depressed » | Well, today's the day » | Vote for Likud to save Jerusalem » | Look out for possible election fraud in Arab sectors » | Why I love the Jerusalem marketplace » | A most silly lie from the NY Times/International H... » | Mordecai Nissan: Kadima's treachery must be punish... » 

Saturday, April 01, 2006 

Netanyahu is still the favorite leader for the national camp

Dr. Aaron Lerner's obtained a poll taken two days after the elections that shows that for many, Netanyahu is still the preferred leader for many Israelis polled. Netanyahu got 49 percent, and Silvan Shalom only got 26 percent.

And I can assure all the people in Israel who feel that Netanyahu should remain in position are quite right. It wasn't his fault that the Likud lost, but, as discovered by Makor Rishon in example, Shalom's fault, as he did not make any serious attempts to campaign in areas like Ashkelon, which were his assignment. It was also the fault of the irresponsible hatemongering the National Union was conducting, for which they owe an apology as well.

Netanyahu is most definately not at fault.

Caroline Glick also says in her latest column:
The Nationalist camp needs a strong and unified leadership to preserve and widen its support base. Such leadership can only emerge if the Likud and National Union-NRP Knesset factions merge. To his great credit, MK Effi Eitam from the National Union recognizes this imperative and since Tuesday night has been working quietly and skillfully to bring about the merger. Likud leader Binyamin Netanyahu should immediately accept Eitam's offer. Doing so will both neutralize attempts by his Likud rivals to unseat him and ensure that Likud remains the leader of the Nationalist camp despite its electoral defeat.
Well, I should hope that Eitam too is apologizing to Netanyahy for the incitement he'd been stoking against the Likud leader. He did this as early as January, when here, he could've avoided doing it, and that too led to the damage done to the national camp. If Eitam is smart, he'll refrain from it for the rest of his political career entirely.

I have no idea if merging the National Union with Likud is the most ideal option, but, it could certainly help to bring the NU to heel and make sure that they learn their lesson, that's for sure.

What we really need is for the egos to take a back seat for once. Sometimes Israelis back politicians as though they are sports teams, and don't look at them critically. Bibi has his faults and strengths, just as Eitam and Benny Elon do. There is no need for backstabbing and personal vendettas when Eretz Yisrael is on the line (from both sides). I really think that the opposition has to pull together now.

They certainly do. And also to work together to make repairs.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.