« Home | Ari Shavit's findings on Tzipi Livni » | Human rights in Turkey are still a disaster » | UN killing free speech to please Muslims » | Totalitarianism is making a comeback » | FBI cuts ties with CAIR » | Short-lived "truce" » | A youngster is threatened for disapproving of prof... » | Congratulations to Michael Steele » | German Jews feel slighted by German government » | Jewish-Americans consider coming here » 

Thursday, February 05, 2009 

Is the Israeli public really going to value Avigdor Lieberman that much?

I read a report today that tells that the Likud has been losing Knesset seats to Avigdor Lieberman's Israel Beitenu party. And I have to wonder: is the public of Soviet origin actually going to consider him more important than the impending war with Iran, not to mention the Hamas' attacks on the south?

Lieberman is someone who's had shady business deals with the Austrian tycoon Martin Schlaff, and despite talking tough about dealing with Arabs who betray the state of Israel, as mentioned before, there's reason to suspect he's not true to his word. Lieberman also doesn't know how to talk to foreign leaders (nor does Tzipi Livni) or the foreign press, unlike Netanyahu, who does.

I realize that the MSM in Israel is no doubt trying to promote Lieberman in order to sabotage the Likud, but it's always good to be concerned. And here's what I want to know: do those who may vote for Lieberman actually consider him so important thay they can't even consider people whose lives are in danger in Sderot, the reason why I'm voting for the Likud? And as mentioned before, the impending threat from Iran is also something to be concerned about.

If a lot of people really vote for Lieberman to the point of where the Likud would be sabotaged, then they'll be lousing up the effort to get a stable government yet again, to say nothing of putting a man who may really be guilty of crooked business deals before their own country. Is that actually what they want?

Update: after reading the following article on Debka (via P. David Hornik), I suppose I'll have to assume that yes, Netanyahu's suggesting that he might want Ehud Barak as a defense minister has hurt the Likud in the polls (actually, I don't think Bibi ever mentioned Barak directly, but I suppose it's understandable why anyone might be bothered). But if Lieberman is really as dreadful as the earlier post of mine says, why are people so interested in voting for him? This is really disappointing.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.