« Home | The Islamic influence on FOX » | Record anti-semitism in UK, but...who's behind it? » | Beware when MSM claims CAIR is a reliable source » | Mahmoud Abbas still covets Jerusalem » | C-SPAN exposed the Fort Hood cover up » | Dutch court disallowing all but 3 witnesses for Wi... » | Maybe I owe John Stemberger an apology » | Terrorists with bombs implanted in bodies » | Maybe John Stemberger should be told to leave » | Arms smuggler for Hamas obliterated » 

Sunday, February 07, 2010 

French filmaker has the guts to do what American filmers won't

The Weekly Standard reviewed From Paris with Love recently, and the director Pierre Morel, just like with his previous movie called Taken, he's shown the bravery to make the villain here an Islamic extremist:
There’s also something to be said for the film’s willingness to make the face of international terrorism that of a Muslim extremist. All too often – as with last weekend’s Edge of Darkness – a plot will unravel only to show that the real culprit is either a corrupt member of the United States government, or a black hearted corporation, or some other malevolent Western force in search of filthy lucre.

That willingness to deal in moral absolutes – terrorism bad, killing terrorists good – is one of the reasons that Morel’s films have been such a success. In Taken it was human traffickers, and in Banlieu 13 it was rival drug dealers and corrupt politicians, while the calculus remains roughly the same. Structuring a picture around archetypes will always leave certain critics sniffing about simplistic stories, but sometimes all the audience is looking for is a piece of entertainment, something rousing to get the blood pumping.
I may not watch that many movies today, but From Paris with Love is something I'll certainly have to find the opportunity to see.

Here's 2 more reviews from Debbie Schlussel and Big Hollywood.

Labels: , , , ,

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://telchaination.blogspot.com/
in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to my friend's blog list.

Will you add my blog in your blog list.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply dear.

Thanks for asking. Yes, I'll certainly add your blog in my side menu as well. I'll put it in the section I have for blogs on the American continent. Thanks very much for asking.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.