« Home | HRW gets something right, but not all » | Breach of pseudo-ceasefire » | Slavery still common practice in Yemen » | Atheist prosecuted for shredding Koran in UK » | Leftards do support "modesty" when Islamists deman... » | Another honor murder in Israel, and police did not... » | I must defend Naftali Bennett here » | US-led global forum on counterterrorism excludes I... » | New Jewish city planned for Gush Etzion district » | Opposition to mosque planned in Melbourne » 

Monday, December 24, 2012 

Jealousy from the dentist's wife must've had a role in this assistant's firing

A lady dental assistant - who happens to be married - was fired by the dentist who employed her, because she was too sexy (Hat tip: The American Thinker):
The Iowa Supreme Court ruled on Friday that employers in the state can legally fire workers they find too attractive. In a unanimous decision, the court held that a dentist did not violate the state's civil rights act when he terminated a female dental assistant whom his wife considered a threat to their marriage.

The assistant, Melissa Nelson, who had worked for James Knight for more than 10 years and had never flirted with him, according to the testimony of both parties, sued, saying she would not have been fired if she were a man.

The seven justices, all men, said the basic question presented by the case was 'whether an employee who has not engaged in flirtatious conduct may be lawfully terminated simply because the boss views the employee as an irresistible attraction.' The high court ruled that bosses can fire workers they find too attractive and that such actions do not amount to unlawful discrimination.
There's a very sad case of sexism here, and both the dentist and his wife are at fault here. Mr. Knight was the one making sexually suggestive remarks to her via text messaging. And when the wife found out, she blamed the assistant, not her husband.

Furthermore, Mrs. Nelson didn't wear suggestive attire, only scrubs. And as mentioned, she's married and a mother of 2, so how she's any hazard I have no idea. All I can see here is the case involving some idiot dentist's wife who was probably jealous that she's prettier than she'll ever be (though I've seen pictures of Mrs. Nelson and can't say she's the hottest woman I've ever seen, so I still don't see what Mrs. Knight's problem is). I hope Mrs. Nelson can appeal the ruling and get the compensation she deserves. Being attractive is not a crime.

Update: The Jawa Report is right. This is a travesty of justice.

Update 2: Hot Air has a video of the news here.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.