« Home | Failure to recognize Armenian Genocide is why anti... » | Trump's Deal of the Century does appear favorable ... » | This is whom the Sanders campaign is employing? » | History of the Bundy affair in Nevada » | Senior Gantz advisor made obscene remarks about Trump » | What Trump's invitation to the White House does fo... » | David Mamet sums it up well » | Holocaust survivor's son drafts bill for protectin... » | Anti-Trump construction worker murders his pro-Tru... » | Jordan valley should be annexed as fast as possible » 

Saturday, February 01, 2020 

Naama Isschachar freed from Russian prison

An Israeli woman who appears to have been held in a Russian jail on possibly trumped up charges of drug possession was released, thanks in part to Netanyahu:
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and his wife met at the Moscow airport today Naama Issachar, who was released this morning from the prison in Moscow to her mother.

Prime Minister Netanyahu said to Naama, "We're excited to see you. Now you're coming home."

Netanyahu will return Naama Issachar to Israel on his plane about 10 months after she was arrested. Netanyahu's departure to Israel is scheduled for around 1 p.m.

Israeli Consul Yafa Olivitzky said: "Five minutes ago, I met the border control people who transferred to me Naama, happy, smiling, and very excited. Naama is now with her mother in a side room."

Naama was scheduled for another 7 years in prison after being convicted of drug trafficking and drug possession.

Putin said of the amnesty decision, "Much is thanks to meeting her mother. The order was signed, she's lucky the drugs were in the baggage. Remember that drugs were found in her bag but I wish her good luck. I wish all the best for Naama and her family, of course we also talked about the relationship between States."
Some reports said she claimed the drugs were planted, and if so, that was an evil thing to do. Thank goodness she's been able to get out of a dire situation.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.