« Home | Anti-female bus discrimination leads to lawsuits a... » | Hadash MK will be charged with assault on police » | Shas minister acknowledges being Haredi doesn't au... » | Schoolteacher murdered in Hebron » | Women's dignity cannot continue to be desecrated » | The ACLU's misogynist agenda » | Jewish father and son murdered in Huwara » | Teenager in Philadelphia charged with al Qaeda col... » | Crisis manager on Maui who didn't sound fire alarm... » | More commentary on the issue of anti-female bus di... » 

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 

How an Indian actress found the courage to wear a bikini

This news here from India is something religious people in Israel might want to consider as well:
Explaining further the reason behind saying no to wearing a bikini, Bharuccha added, “I told my director that I don’t feel comfortable in it. I don’t have body positivity or mental makeup to do this because I have never worn a bikini in my life. So, I don’t know how to be comfortable with it. I don’t know how to be within my skin and feel like this is normal. So I didn’t wear it in part one.”

From denying a bikini to finally embracing it

However, things changed for the better by the time the actress filmed for the sequel Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 in 2015. She started wearing bikinis in real life which kind of gave her the confidence of wearing the outfit on the silver screen. After turning down a bikini in part one, the Chhorii star finally rocked the beachwear in the sequel. Shedding light on the shift from being a ‘no-no’ bikini girl in part one to becoming an ‘oh so hot’ bikini babe in part two, and how she ‘broke’ the myth of being judged in such clothes, the actor quipped, “But from part one to part two, I have actually worn bikinis, gone out to beaches, to holidays, and to swimming. I have put myself in a bikini, no matter what shape I was in my body.”

Adding how wearing a bikini was a ‘big’ thing for her, she concluded, “I have gotten that consciousness and those eyes on me or whatever in my head I think is, I have broken that. Then in part two, I rocked a bikini. I wore it from morning to night. I didn’t even care. I said (to the director) I’m very comfortable, now I don’t care. I did that for me and it was a big thing for me.”
So here, she found the confidence to wear a bikini, and show her skin. Any religious person in Israel, for example, whether ultra-Orthodox or otherwise, who gives women an education that makes them feel they should be ashamed of their bodies has only done something to give liberal feminists a reason to celebrate. And must it be pointed out there's quite a few left-wing feminists who're anti-semitic, as the Women's March turned out to have several years ago? Why Orthodox Judaists, Haredi or otherwise, want to do something sex-negative and anti-Israeli feminists would be proud of is way beyond me.

I wish to congratulate the Indian actress who found the confidence to wear bikinis, and wish her good luck in her entertainment career for years to come. She's offered an important example many women, religious or otherwise, should consider and appreciate.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.