« Home | OJ Simpson perishes from cancer » | Haredi extremists run anti-Israel protest in Jerus... » | Muslim honor murders in UK are up by over 60 percent » | LGBT practitioners who support Islamofascism are d... » | IDF blasts terrorist infrastructure in Syria » | A vital point about the hostage situation » | Anti-Israel Muslims in Michigan are also anti-Amer... » | Biden going to force Jewish products to be labeled » | Muslim no-go zones turning up in Philadelphia » | Israel may have to consider not relying on the USA... » 

Friday, April 12, 2024 

Douglas Murray on how one truth can demolish 1000 lies

Israel National News interviewed UK author Douglas Murray, who encourages Israel's advocates around the world not to give up and keep fighting:
Although advocacy is difficult, he doesn’t see himself quitting. “I think I would do what I do even if I didn't think I was making a difference, but as it happens, I think I am. My belief has always been that one truth can puncture a thousand lies. In the age of social media, that theory is being put to the test in real-time. A lot of the media has an agenda now. That's their right. I'd like Israel to win this conflict, some of them would like Hamas to win, some of them would just like Israel to lose.”

Murray denounces the focus on Israel. “None of these newspapers covered the far greater death toll that has been going on for the last decade in Yemen and Syria. Why are they so obsessed with this one? It's their opportunity to hold on to something that gives a feeling of crisis, but they have arsonist and firefighter reversed here. Many may talk about the history of the conflict, but that only proves it more.”

[...] He believes in a simple message, powerfully projected to the world. “There's always a limit to what can be done from this country because it's a numbers game. There are multiple countries at the United Nations who wish this country seriously ill and many of them have very powerful media. That doesn't mean that the truth shouldn't continue to be put out there. The job of Israeli diplomacy is to get out the facts as fast as possible and hope that they have an impact on the world. People have to be reminded who's the aggressor here. The deaths are all on Hamas. Maybe if people realized that, there would be fewer calls for a ceasefire.”

Regarding the calls for people to witness the scenes of the massacre themselves, Murray is staunchly in favor. “I don't forget the scenes, the bodies. It is very important to see, even at this late stage, the ruins of some of these communities. Much of the world still remains pretty ignorant of the actual details of the horrors of what happened that day.”
While much of the footage from the bloodbath is graphic, it will have to be seen by adults, with the formidable question being whether certain bigoted adults will actually find it offensive and repulsive. And Murray's right that Israel must keep on trying to get the truth and facts out there for everyone to see. You can go to the article to watch the video interview as well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.