« Home | US Senate to probe House of Saud's role in hatemon... » | Nobel no-prize » | Ortega returns, Dubya ignores » | NYC on alert for terror attacks against subway sys... » | Caroline Glick explains Sharon's narrow non-victory » | Updates on Oklahoma suicide bomber reveal more dis... » | Abbas' control crumbles » | Jefferson and Adams knew centuries ago what Islam ... » | Canada's National Post provides more info on the a... » | Haim Saban, Ehud Barak's overfundraiser » 

Monday, October 10, 2005 

US Army commander sends greetings from Iraq

Here's some good news from the troops in Iraq, as Bill Roggio presents a special guest post written by a staff sergeant in the area:
As an update of the squad, about three weeks ago we participated with our platoon in the taking down of an IED/VBIED cell in our sector. More recently, we were the main effort in another raid doing the same. Future operations are in attempt to rid the area of those who wish to disrupt the voting process in mid-October and in December.

As far as squad personnel, most of us have had a chance to go home on leave. The others will be going shortly and will no doubt tell their family and friends of the generosity you have all shown us. There have been several well deserved promotions in the lower enlisted ranks. Two of our soldiers are scheduled to attend the Sergeant Promotion Board in December, they should have no problem being recommended.
I certainly wish them luck in earning a promotion to a higher rank, and I certainly hope they'll all be able to return home safely too. Good luck, gentlemen!

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.