« Home | Olmert once again undermines the military » | Iraqi Kurds to meet families of fallen soldiers in... » | Despite the war, Olmert still pushes for withdrawa... » | Sarkozy writes new book » | Medved on Israel's history » | Taxpayers money shouldn't be spent on people like ... » | There's a reason why a victory against the Hezboll... » | IDF conquers Hezbollah strongholds in Lebanon » | Arrests made in terrorist bombings in Mumbai » | Haifa still being hit by katyushas » 

Thursday, July 27, 2006 

Bad moon rising over Miami (Vice)

If you're a fan of Miami Vice from 1984-89 on NBC, you'd do best to just watch the original series and skip the new movie, which only shows why TV adaptations to film are a curse. The current one, as Debbie Schlussel reports, seems to be an attack on - are you ready for this? - the Israel Defense Forces, probably even before the war in Lebanon started! And how? Because the drug baron arrested in the movie wears a big IDF T-shirt. Come to think of it, the drug lord could be wearing a T-shirt from the French or the Danish army and that too would be utterly abominable.

If there's any TV-to-movie adaptation to put the last nail in the coffin for any more to follow, I'd say this is it. Take Debbie's advice and boycott the movie.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.