« Home | Brazilian converts to Islam » | Missile attacks intensify again » | Spencer and Geller are right to be concerned about... » | Islam on its way to overtaking Christianity in France » | Imam charged with sexual assault in Canada » | Hitting back immediately and with force » | Union violence increasing in USA » | Terrorist attack near border with Sinai » | Rick Perry's ties with Islam » | Late news about mass resignation of Turkish army g... » 

Sunday, August 21, 2011 

I think it's better this TV item wasn't picked up

The Honolulu Pulse spoke with Chinese-American actress Kelly Hu, who's a native of Hawaii, about an unsold TV pilot she'd worked on with Don Johnson, whom she'd co-starred with on Nash Bridges during the 3rd season:
The actress had also hoped she would return to TV-land as a regular character in “A Mann’s World,” a pilot shot for NBC that did not get picked up by the network for the new season. She was going to star opposite Don Johnson, who played the role of a celebrity hairstylist named Allan Mann.

The concept came from Michael Patrick King, who won Emmys for his work on “Sex and the City.” It sounded like a sure thing.

“It’s dead in the water,” Hu said. “It did really sound like it was going to be a great project. It was an amazing cast. Unfortunately, it just didn’t make it. Pilot season is tough. You never know what will get picked up.”
Oh really. If it's a product of that phony leftist King, who produced a series that otherwise did not depict women in the best of lights, I think it's for the best that it didn't get picked up.

However, I do think it's a shame that the producers of the new take on Hawaii 5-0 decided to kill off the character she'd played there recently, named Laura Hills. What was the whole point of that? It's a gimmick that's become very tasteless today.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.