« Home | Norway also faces danger from Syrian jihadists » | Muslim extremist in UK rents local Legoland park » | Alice Herz-Sommer passes away at 110 » | Iran's handing out torches to pyromaniacs » | Jihad brides travelling from UK to Syria » | Ukraine becomes a war zone » | 9-11 Memorial Museum charges money for entrance an... » | Two eyebrow raising subjects » | Fort Hood demolishes site of 2009 jihad bloodbath » | European Tea Parties gaining strength » 

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 

Katy Perry outrages Muslims with her latest video

I don't really care about Perry, whose reputation is questionable enough as it is, but the reaction to her latest music video is coming from the wrong people for the wrong reasons:
Miley Cyrus and Rihanna can take a deep breath, because controversy that often follows them has taken a turn and is now cracking down on Katy Perry.

The "I Kissed a Girl" singer's latest single, "Dark Horse," is sparking harsh reactions from the international Muslim community for disrespecting a symbol representing their God, Allah. [...]

Perry portrays an animated representation of Egyptian Queen Cleopatra, and she is seen using her powers to destroy those who oppose her. One character in the video is seen wearing a religious symbol around his neck, who she then zaps into a pile of sand, along with his pendant.

"At 01:15 into the video Dark Horse; a man is shown being burned, whilst wearing a pendant (also burned) forming the word 'Allah', which is the Arabic word for God," says the online petition.

The petition describes Perry as representing the opposite of Muslim values, and when she is easily able to destroy something representing god, it is a "portrayal of blasphemy."
Why do I get the feeling Perry's going to cave and have the video edited? I'm well aware of how poor most celebrities' grasp on these issues is.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.