« Home | Bill deBlasio is soft on insular Haredi schools in... » | These Islamic traitors to Israel in the Knesset sh... » | John McCain dead at 81 » | I think the best choice for a movie came along... » | Trump administration cuts $200 million in aid to a... » | Building torched and destroyed by unidentified "yo... » | Gretchen Carlson and her entire board on Miss Amer... » | One of the MeToo movement's biggest advocates is n... » | Corbyn wanted even leftist Tzipi Livni arrested as... » | Muslim in Trappes suburb murders wife and daughter... » 

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 

Haredis beginning to agree academic studies can help financially

Some positive news about what Haredi society now thinks of academia:
A new survey by Seker Kehalacha found that the haredi public's attitude towards academic studies is changing.

Seker Kehalacha is a haredi research institute.

The survey found that 48% of respondents agreed that academic studies are worth the investment, and that a BA improves a person's earning ability.

It also showed that the most admired occupations in the haredi community are hi-tech (40%), health (29%), law (22%), and accounting (19%). Less popular professions were architecture (6%), marketing (6%), and education (3%).

When asked, "Which academic institution is the most successful in preparing haredim to enter the job market?" 15% named the Ono Academic College.
This is impressive and encouraging, but, they'll still have to start learning to respect those less popular subjects with only single-digit results. With any luck, I expect we'll soon be seeing this cross the 50 percent threshold in the future.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.