« Home | Nice going there, Russia » | Syrian forces fire on protestors » | The history of liberal bias media » | Muslim in Tennessee screws up, and hints they do s... » | Anti-tea party radical takes page from jihadists, ... » | Rep. Peter King demands answers why Eric Holder di... » | Missouri House votes to ban sharia » | US Congress calls for canceling Goldstone report » | Obama's ludicrous Passover wish » | Ostensible democracies don't lead to peace » 

Saturday, April 23, 2011 

Note to Mel Gibson: there are people angry at you

Mel Gibson gave a long interview to Deadline (via The Daily Caller), but once more, comes off very unsatisfyingly, and makes an awfully absurd statement:
DEADLINE’S ALLISON HOPE WEINER: Were people angry at you about what you said on tapes?
GIBSON: I was angry at me. But, no one expressed any anger at me. They may have felt it.
Earth to Gibson: if I'm any suggestion, there are people who're angry at you, even for what you said to your former girlfriend. In Hollywood, unfortunately, most fools in the business probably wouldn't be. And it doesn't matter if she was trying to lure you into the open deliberately; those vulgar cracks you made were still unacceptable.
WEINER: People didn’t understand how you could say the things you did on these tapes. They wondered, what kind of person says those things. Right now, many people think you’re a racist and that you hate women from listening to those tapes.
GIBSON: I’ve never treated anyone badly or in a discriminatory way based on their gender, race, religion or sexuality -- period. I don’t blame some people for thinking that though, from the garbage they heard on those leaked tapes, which have been edited. You have to put it all in the proper context of being in an irrationally, heated discussion at the height of a breakdown, trying to get out of a really unhealthy relationship. It’s one terribly, awful moment in time, said to one person, in the span of one day and doesn’t represent what I truly believe or how I’ve treated people my entire life.
Stuff it, Gibson, it's just not helping. You already set a bad example with your questionable take on the history of Jesus that Dennis Prager saw for what it was, and have all the earmarks of a flake.

I guess the following is something to be impressed by though:
WEINER: Are you worried that audiences will hold what happened against you, and you won’t be able to act anymore?
MEL GIBSON: I don’t care if I don’t act anymore.

WEINER: Really? Is that true?
GIBSON: It really is true.
Well let's hope it is. I suggest he go and live like a hermit for all I care. But sadly, he'll probably try and get into politics, which is unsuitable for people like him.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.