« Home | Opposition rising in Blue & White against a minori... » | Jared Kushner says US will approve annexation if P... » | Gantz and Liberman are trying to steal the election » | The left and Liberman still disrespect the public'... » | Former Satmar member commits suicide » | Israeli right-wing did better than expected » | Itamar Ben-Gvir is atrocious in his conduct » | Rivlin will bring case of Malka Leifer to senior j... » | One of Gantz's own strategists says he's unreliable » | Sanders' refusal to attend AIPAC convention is off... » 

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 

Orly Levy-Abekasis opposes a minority government supported by Joint Arab List from outside

The Gesher leader who formed an alliance with Labour under Amir Peretz has announced she's against forming a minority government backed by the Joint Arab List's anti-Israeli members:
Gesher party leader MK Orly Levy-Abekasis announced Tuesday night that she would not support the formation of a minority government which is dependent on the outside support of the Joint Arab List.

"We are all witnessing the behavior of leaders who pledged credibility and accountability, and are currently engaged in shameful lobbying and willing to pay any price for any minority government, even if it is set up resting on untrustworthy support. Equally worrisome is the fact that far-reaching decisions like negotiating with the Joint List, including Balad, are being conducted in a very limited circle, decisions whose acceptance would require all Knesset members to fall in line with the bloc," Levy-Abekasis said.

She sought to clarify that the terms in question did not obligate her and made it clear that the partnership with Meretz that existed at the time of the elections was no longer valid.

"I will not support the government that relies on Balad and the Joint Arab List, and I do not see myself as committed to partnering with the Meretz Party, which was forced on me and Amir Peretz by the pressure from Blue and White. I said this before the election and I say it afterwards.

"I also made it clear to my partner, MK Labor Party chairman Amir Peretz, immediately after the elections. Israeli citizens are entitled to expect their representatives to act responsibly and reliably in fulfilling their promises for them," the Knesset Member concluded.
She's doing the right thing. And Meretz's members should be ashamed of themselves for attacking her over a valid position. She'd do well to part ways with Labor, if necessary, and join the Likud instead.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.