« Home | Britain continues to ignore the Muslim rape gangs » | Israeli woman rescued from violent marriage to Mus... » | Spyware scandal gives bad impression of Israeli po... » | Even in Republican states like Idaho, there's tran... » | Maureen Lipman should not have started this contro... » | How the elitists in Haredi clans avoid responsibil... » | Amnesty Intl. continues their anti-Israel obsession » | Haredi yeshiva in France draws attention away from... » | "Disengagement law" should be repealed » | Sudanese illegal immigrant in France murdered pro-... » 

Sunday, February 13, 2022 

Homosexuals have a right to seek trauma therapy

Psychology expert Joseph Nicolosi Jr. spoke about how he'd had his channel on YouTube censored because LGBT extremists oppose discussion of any treatment that can help make it easier to understand opposite sex attraction:
I’m a clinical psychologist, and I help my clients resolve their traumatic memories. In the process, these clients often report spontaneous changes in their sexual feelings, and these changes may lead them away from LGBT attractions and toward heterosexual ones.

I’m not alone in observing this. A two-year study with a good sample size revealed the same thing. So I talked about this study on my YouTube channel.

This turned out to be a mistake. Big Tech, at the behest of left-wing activists, decided to censor information about sexual shifts that move any client on the sexuality spectrum away from “gay” and toward “straight.” These outcomes, which would be celebrated if they moved a client the other direction, which can be life-transforming results for some people.

Human sexuality is complex, and is changed by our life experiences. Working through traumatic experiences, such as childhood sexual molestation and peer labeling, can trigger dramatic changes in a person’s sexual identity.

I work regularly with victims of past trauma who report emotional distress, depression, and suicidal thoughts. Unfortunately, a subsection of these clients live with a political “hot button” issue that makes them anathema to activists in our society: they have same-sex attractions that they believe do not reflect “who they are.” These men have long suspected that events in their past have affected their sexuality. My practice has found, through science-based, client-led therapy, that some men can make shifts along the sexual-fluidity spectrum—not just regarding their attraction to people of the same sex, but towards being attracted to women.
And for this, he's not allowed to discuss it on YT? Very sad, but demonstrates what kind of a tragedy free speech has become in this era. Thank goodness he was able to make use of other hosts instead.

All that aside, I sure hope somebody with a serious degree will show the courage to explore whether religious customs can cause homosexuality, if a person's view and understanding of the opposite sex is limited. That's why I've concluded the approach by Haredi clans like Satmar has hurt only so many generations, and it needs to be asked whether such communities have caused the worst problems possible, by denying their subjects the right to think for themselves.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.