« Home | Leftist Hungarian rabbi expelled from Jewish group... » | Leifer's loathsome lawyers continue their use of a... » | Leftist prosecutors soft on crime and get funding ... » | The riots of 1967 » | Possible Islamist in Virginia murders Venezuelan i... » | Portland's Antifa rioters destroy public property,... » | Haredi clan holds another wedding violating Corona... » | Majority of Black Americans want police presence i... » | Why "reunification" actually makes a better descri... » | Democrats continue to ignore and obscure slavery o... » 

Friday, August 14, 2020 

Historic ties established between Israel and the UAE

Here's something bearing a certain amount of significance - new ties established with the United Arab Emirates:
The United Arab Emirates and Israel have agreed to establish full diplomatic ties, US President Donald Trump announced on Thursday. This makes the UAE the first Persian Gulf state to forge official diplomatic relations with Israel and the third Arab country overall to normalize relations with the Jewish state, following in the footsteps of Egypt and Jordan.
Netanyahu says this won't put an end to the sovereignty plan for Judea/Samaria, since the press is trying to frame it as such:
Netanyahu said the peace deal amounted to a “peace for peace” arrangement, as no land was traded in the agreement.

“We’ve innovated a new path: peace for peace. That is the only sustainable formula for peace.”

Turning to Israel’s commitment to “suspend” its plan to apply sovereignty in Judea and Samaria, Netanyahu hinted that this agreement did not mark the end of his sovereignty plan, but merely a temporary delay.

“Just as I promised I would bring peace with the Arab world…I also said that I would apply sovereignty over parts of Judea and Samaria. There is no change in my plan to apply sovereignty in Judea and Samaria in full coordination with the US. That hasn’t changed.”

“I want to remind you that I’m the one who put the issue of Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria on the table. This issue will remain on the table. It only went on the table because of my efforts. I worked on it for three years with intensive talks with President Trump.”

“I always said that the implementation of the sovereignty plan would only take place in coordination with the US. Declaring sovereignty without US support would at best be worthless, and worst would seriously hurt the settlements and the State of Israel.”

“Now, Trump, who agreed to include the application of sovereignty in his peace plan, asked that Israel delay – temporarily – declaring sovereignty. We first need to secure the peace deal with the United Arab Emirates, and I believe with other states as well.”

“Just as I brought peace with an Arab state, so too will I apply sovereignty.”

“I’m committed to sovereignty. I’m committed to the Land of Israel, and I will never surrender our rights to this land.”

"President Trump and his team requested a temporary - and I repeat, temporary - delay so that the peace process can move forward, and I agreed."
We must hope that's the case. If there's anything rather predictable in all this, it would have to be the Hamas and PLO's reaction, which was negative in the extreme:
Rival Palestinian factions were unanimous Thursday in their condemnation of a newly announced agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates to open full diplomatic ties in return for the suspension of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's plan to annex parts of the West Bank.

Palestinian official Hanan Ashrawi, slammed the UAE for "normalizing" relations with Israel, while the Hamas terror group accused the Gulf state of stabbing the Palestinians in the back.
They don't want Israel's legitimacy to be recognized at all. It's nothing new. If anything, it shows why they have no intention of ever recognizing Israel's validity, and their continued adherence to Islam only makes things worse.

Labels: , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.