« Home | Vandalism of ancient areas is something Haredi ext... » | IDF probe reveals failures to act properly on Octo... » | Israel's law regarding solicitation of prostitutio... » | More Haredi youths want to contribute to the war e... » | Even domestically born supporters of terrorism nee... » | Communist influence in Europe is clearly rising again » | Iran loses a navy vessel » | Pro-Hamas protestors in NYC burned American flags ... » | Armenian government's unfortunate following in foo... » | What dark sources fund the anti-Israel protests at... » 

Sunday, July 14, 2024 

Rescued hostage recalls chilling meeting with Hamas leader

Sapir Cohen, who was held hostage by Hamas for 55 days, recalls her horrifying experiences, including when a Hamas leader turned up:
"On day 51, a man who appeared to be a senior figure arrived and informed Sahar Calderon and Or Yaakov, my fellow captives, that they would be released the following day. He then turned to me and said I would be released too. One of the other captors mentioned that I was over 18, prompting him to ask if I was a soldier. When I said no, he inquired about my military service," she told Israel Hayom. "I felt my face turning red and found myself at a loss for words. Trying to recall what I had told my captors during the initial interrogation, I said I had been a clerk at the Kirya (the IDF military headquarters). He asked if I served in the reserves, and when I again replied no, he simply turned and left."

"It wasn't until after my return to Israel that I realized the identity of the man who had spoken to me. It was Yahya Sinwar himself, the Hamas leader in Gaza." When asked what she would have said to Sinwar had she recognized him, Cohen replied, "I wouldn't have asked anything." Sapir was released after 55 days in captivity during the final phase of the hostage deal on November 30, 2023. In recent weeks, Cohen has been addressing Jewish communities worldwide, including segments of the public who oppose a hostage deal.
That most definitely is terrifying. And we must hope he can be brought down, one way or another.

Here's also an interview with Bernard Henri-Levy, on what he thinks of a sad situation where Israel is all alone.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.