« Home | USA mission to UN urges condemnation of Hamas' sex... » | 16-year-old convert to Islam arrested in Las Vegas... » | Hamas supporters in Philadelphia hurl obscenities ... » | Terrorist attack in Paris » | More signs that the UN is guilty of covering for H... » | Biden "administration" continues its betrayal of I... » | The silence of women's organizations on the sexual... » | Charles Schumer is a phony, and bad for both the J... » | Battle against Hamas has officially resumed » | Young Jewish women still falling prey to Muslim men » 

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 

Linor Abargil speaks at the UN

Abargil, who was an Israeli beauty pageant contestant at Miss World in 1998 who was raped by an Israeli travel agent in Italy, spoke out at the UN about how she feels now that the UN's revaled its true colors:
"I remember the days I spoke up in public about my personal experience, 25 years ago. I remember the warm embrace of the international women's organizations. . I felt I had support, that someone believed me, that someone listened to me. Did these organizations demand any proof then? Did they question my version? Did they ask to “conduct a comprehensive investigation before jumping to conclusions”? No. How convenient it was at the time for these organizations to use my name, my fame, to invite me to their conferences, that are in a world of their own, to take a photo with the woman who became for them a symbol…and how ashamed I feel that I was nothing but an extra in their production.

"Why? Because today, in these conferences, they do not want to present the blood stains on the pants, the broken pelvises, the desecrated bodies of my sisters. The blood-thirsty Hamas terrorists even documented their war crimes – and still most of the women's organizations are silent. It took almost two months for UN WOMEN to publish this weekend, late at night, a weak condemnation.

"The horrific testimonies we have witnessed so far, and which have been presented in this conference, should have awoken the women's organizations long ago, and get them to stand with us in solidarity - but so far, this has not happened because of their cowardice. Because of petty politics. In the place I grew up there is an old saying: שקט הוא רפש. Silence is despicable. The women who were raped and murdered on October 7 were maybe silenced forever, but justice will be done. Truth shall prevail. We will never forget them. We will make the world never forget them. We will be the voice that was taken away from them.
Well I'm glad she's speaking out, and realizing something even I'd once guessed was actually the case. But this beggars the question: when she was working in PR on the issue of sexual violence, did the conferences she attended have anything at all to do with the subject of Islamofascism, and sexual violence committed under the shield of the Religion of Peace? If not, did she notice at the time, or say anything about it? Because if she didn't, and never asked any queries about why Islam was being given a pass, doesn't that symbolize weakness too? It's to be wondered if she ever attended conferences about women in Europe who fell victim to Islamic rape, and again, if she never did, that's very disappointing. I should hope Abargil recognizes that how a woman dresses is not what matters, it's how a man behaves that is, recalling a certain interview she gave nearly 15 years ago. And it also remains to be seen if she recognizes that Islam is the problem in this case too.

While we're on the issue, it appears the USA state department's taking a double standard when it comes to Judea/Samaria residents:
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken today (Tuesday) announced a visa ban on "extremist settlers" who are accused of attacking Palestinian Arabs in Judea and Samaria.

“We have underscored to the Israeli government the need to do more to hold accountable extremist settlers who have committed violent attacks against Palestinians in the West Bank,” Blinken said. “As President Biden has repeatedly said, those attacks are unacceptable.”

He continued, “Today, the State Department is implementing a new visa restriction policy targeting individuals believed to have been involved in undermining peace, security or stability in the West Bank, including through committing acts of violence or taking other actions that unduly restrict civilians’ access to essential services and basic necessities.”

“Immediate family members of such persons also may be subject to these restrictions,” he noted.

“We also continue to engage with the Israeli leadership to make clear that Israel must take additional measures to protect Palestinian civilians from extremist attacks. We will also continue to engage the Palestinian Authority to make clear it must do more to curb Palestinian attacks against Israelis,” Blinken said, though no similar announcement of sanctions was made against people who attack Israelis.
Something tells me the would-be extremists he speaks of wouldn't care to visit a country facing dire collapse in many ways anyway. But, no surprise this is so one-sided, and Islamists are unlikely to face any restrictions on entry to the USA by contrast. For now, what matters is that this is just as disgraceful as how the UN's going about, and does nothing to solve the problems currently being faced.

Update: the BBC's finally been willing to publish the subject in their headlines.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

    avigreen2002@yahoo.com See also my collection of Link in Bio pages: Realtime Website Traffic
      telchaidrawing

      I also contribute to

    • The Astute Bloggers
    • Infidel Bloggers Alliance
    • Which also includes (open menu)

      My other sites

    • The Four Color Media Monitor
    • The Comic Book Discrimination Dossiers
    • Hawkfan
    • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
    • The Outer Observatory
    • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
    • Puzzle Paradise
    • The Co-Stars Primer
    • Cinema Capsule Cavalcade
    • Food Diner
    • News/Opinion sites (open menu)

      Writers and special activity groups (open menu)

      Media Watchdogs (open menu)

      Columnist bloggers (open menu)

      Research on terrorism (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Israel and Asia (open menu)

      Other bloggers: Europe (open menu)

      Other bloggers: American continent (open menu)

      Museum sites (open menu)

      Bloggeries Blog Directory blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine View My Stats
    • W3 Counter stats
    • eXTReMe Tracker
      Locations of visitors to this page  
      Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

Tel-Chai Nation is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.